Easy! How to Cook Amish Breakfast Casserole
Blogkoopedia - Amish Breakfast Casserole is a delicious and hearty breakfast dish that is perfect for feeding a crowd. Here is a recipe for making Amish Breakfast Casserole:
- 1 pound of breakfast sausage
- 6 eggs
- 2 cups of milk
- 1 teaspoon of dry mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 6 slices of bread, cubed
- 2 cups of shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C).
- In a large skillet, cook the breakfast sausage over medium-high heat until browned and cooked through, breaking it up into small pieces as it cooks.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, dry mustard, and salt until well combined.
- Add the cubed bread to the egg mixture, stirring to coat evenly.
- Grease a 9x13 inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- Pour the egg and bread mixture into the prepared baking dish.
- Sprinkle the cooked sausage evenly over the top of the egg mixture.
- Sprinkle the shredded cheddar cheese over the top of the sausage.
- Bake the casserole for 45-50 minutes or until the center is set and the edges are golden brown.
- Remove the casserole from the oven and let it cool for a few minutes before serving.
- Serve the Amish Breakfast Casserole hot, garnished with fresh herbs or chopped scallions, if desired.
Here is the nutritional information for a serving of Amish Breakfast Casserole (based on a recipe that serves 6):
- Calories: 571
- Fat: 39g
- Saturated Fat: 17g
- Cholesterol: 282mg
- Sodium: 1134mg
- Carbohydrates: 19g
- Fiber: 1g Sugar: 6g
- Protein: 34g
Please note that these values may vary depending on the specific ingredients used and the serving size. The high amount of fat and cholesterol in this dish is largely due to the use of breakfast sausage and cheese. While this dish can be a delicious treat, it is important to balance it with other nutrient-rich foods as part of a healthy diet.
Enjoy your delicious Amish Breakfast Casserole!
No comments:Tulis comments